Sunday 1 July 2012

One month to go....








The last few weeks have been busy with trying to prepare my house so I can rent it whilst I’m away. This has involved sorting through things and getting rid of a lot of stuff.
I feel like this whole journey of preparing to go to Bulgaria involves sorting through a lot of stuff and making sure i am am equip with the right stuff (I know technical term). It also reminds you of what is important and that definitely is not things but people and relationships. 
Recently I went to see Mumford and sons in concert, I love their music and love their lyrics and as i listened these sentences stuck out ...
In these bodies we will live and these bodies we will die. Where you invest your love, you invest your life.
Awake my soul Mumford and sons
It amazing how God speaks truth in all different ways, choosing the way we will listen most. In my job as a nurse I see life and death, the bottom line is its hard. I am reminded that its not the beginning and end that matters but that dash in between. Its how we live our lives. Its what we invest our lives in. 
Someone asked me recently if I had a lot a money would I do lots of charity work? I told him if I had nothing I would still help people in whatever way I could. Cause it is where we invest our love and our life. We never know what turns our lives will take and I can lay testimony to this again and again  but God told me I know the plans I have for you, plans for you to prosper in me.
Sometimes we struggle if things don’t go exactly to our plan but I feel God is saying wait I know I’ve got this covered. You just focus on whats important. 
I have a month to go and my house hasn’t been rented yet, it goes on the rental market tomorrow.... but God knows who will rent it.
I don’t have all my money yet but God has it covered. My cake sale at work on Thursday raised £150. 
I don’t know the path the next year will but God is telling me I know all you need to do is trust me and focus on my call on your life.
Proverbs 4:25-27 Tells us 
Let your eyes look straight ahead fix your gaze directly before you/ Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that our firm. Do not swerve to the right or to the left.
I am so excited to take this unknown adventure and do what God wants of me. Just like 2 years ago he sent me to Christies to help people struggling with cancer. I have learnt so much and meet some very special people, that will live in my heart forever.
God knows and he led’s, his path is the one I want to follow.
Please continue to pray as I prepare to go.

2 comments:

  1. I love you Susanna. It won't be long before I can give you a big hug in Bulgaria :) I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex, I think the A team are going to Bulgaria this year!! Can't wait for what God has in store for us

      Delete