I think the only word that can sum up how I feel at the moment is BLESSED!!! God is really placing a stamp on my (his) trip to Bulgaria. In the last few weeks amazing things have happened that have really helped me move to that next stepping stone (see my first blog for that reference!).
- I now have Regional approval from the church for my volunteer position.
- I have been granted a sabbatical from work and feel really supported by my work colleagues
- I have set a date to go at the beginning of July and will book my flight to Bulgaria by the end of the month.
- My house is taking shape so I can move out and rent it whilst I'm away, mainly thanks to my parents.
- God is providing the finances from all different sources and is teaching me a lesson in faith to wait on his provision.
- My second fundraiser is tomorrow night and I sent an email to the local paper and guess what... yes it got onto to page 3! It also helped a letter with sponsorship money which went to the wrong house be delivered to me by the people seeing my advert in the paper.
- I have also been reading some encouraging blogs and bible studies, as well as hearing some amazing talks. This was especially so this weekend when I attended a new wine worship leaders development conference. Where I learnt about my leadership skills and had space to worship and reflect.
The Blessing we have in our lives shouldn't surprise us because God says he will always meet our needs. In Matthew 6 v 30-33 he tells us not to worry and I think the message verse is amazing!
"If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.
Thank you again for all your support on this journey. People are asking how they can give. At present I have a few ways: -
- Through Paypal by sending a gift to me using my email address Suzy1405@gmail.com. It will say you are giving a gift to Susanna Tamburello (my maiden name).
- By standing order. If you email me I can send you a form with the bank details of the account at church where my funds are. You can sent this up as a one of payment or monthy etc. email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend my fundraising events - Charity Comedy and Auction 25th April, Coffee Morning at The Christie Clinic, Band night. Details will be posted as I arrange.